- This event has passed.
March 2 - 4, 2018£30
Visit Shropshire with The Guild of Battlefield Guides including Validation sessions, dinner & quiz, battlefield tour of Shrewsbury, visit to the RAF Cosford Museum and more..
- Shropshire Regimental Museum, Shrewsbury with John Cotterill
– See the Captured United States Colours in a former Marches strongpoint.
- Weekend based in a moated Tudor Manor House, now a 4* Hotel
– In 1588 the County Militia’s RV when the Armada Beacons were fired. But how many answered the call and with what antiquated equipment?
- Validation Opportunities with the Validation Team
– Have a go yourself or support and learn from others.
- The Shropshire War Poets with Viv Whelpton
– Wilfred Owen, AE Housman and more.
- Battle of Shrewsbury (1403) Tour with Anthony Rich
– The future King Henry V and Harry Hotspur fight to the death, whilst the King uses body doubles. But where are Owen Glendower & the Welsh?
- RAF Museum Cosford & Cold War Museum with Chris Finn
– A wonderful aviation collection – including a Buccaneer cockpit for Chris!
- Plus Board Games Night, The Guild Quiz & Good Fellowship
- Modular Format: Pay for what you attend only; packages from £30
- Bookings: By Fri 23 Feb. Book accommodation direct with Albright Hussey Manor Hotel on 01939-290523, confirmed to Anthony Rich
- Validations: Book your validation slot with the Val Sec By Fri 16 Feb.
- Contact: For Queries, Problems or Further Details contact Anthony Rich on email@example.com Tel (H) 0121-249- 9292 or (Mob) 07711-086189
- Price: Day rate for Sat only is £30, the full package is £225 for a single or £177.50 per head if sharing, plus a few miscellaneous minor incidentals, bar bills & lunch on Fri & Sun (Sat is included).